In Memorial

She was a living goddess
Her beauty had every man
And for a while I thought she was mine
Regardless …

We would chat away the day till nine
Then she’d be off with some other man
But someone waits in the line
Regardless…

Did she have just fun?
Did she fall in love?
May be it was fun
Some said it was the money…

She said she’d be a woman
If she could choose another life
And I knew that was truly her

She kept nothing from me
Not her joy, not her tears
Not her inner fears


For ours was a platonic affair
And we needn’t beware

Her mother called onto Jesus
The night she lost to the virus
And I called life unfair
And stared down at a face once so fair

“ Oh, beauty is vain.”
I heard someone say.
“She died of too many men.”
An old woman ruefully said.

But I knew my feelings then
There may have been many men
And I wished I could have told her
While she still was here.


2009©J.Ifeme

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finding The Bond

A Letter to My Daugther

FATE