Waiting for an End

I look into your eyes,
I see my face -
a lone reflection on your opaque
pupils
their rich blackness
sparkling with the brightness
of polished stones

shinning forth is a soul-light
probing not the way back
but picking on my many faults
and questioning my imperfections

my heart beats against yours
like a drum lost
lost in itself
lost in yours
lost in this sensual universe made
by our flitting warmth.

I pull you even closer
aware you’d already left –
wishing I could make a trunk feel…

refusing to hold back
I soul-dive yet I can not find you
and I fight to see you as I saw you…

reminiscing the gullibility
of yesteryears -
the vainness of vanity

reawakening, not dead guilt
not pain
not self pity
but that first love
that sweet-nothing now buried
in spent-time like the world it once existed.

I look into your eyes
I see endless space
where a cold world impervious
to the sound of word
and the beating of my longing heart
against yours loose their rhythm
and passion and light surrender to gloom

I close my eyes
and open my ears
and wait to hear the
sound of your fading footsteps…


Collections 2010© J.Ifeme

Comments

  1. Awww, a bit sad but a sweet entrance to the new year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finding The Bond

A Letter to My Daugther

FATE