On The Precipice

Once more I look back
I see the imprints made by minds of men, men before me
Men before my fathers
Men whose thoughts still live like unscathed stones of time
Men whose contradictory beliefs become
Our trajectory into an ambiguous future

I see the perfection of old Ideas open
New doors to imperfect ideas and the imperfect becomes
The new craze, profane grace
The plight of the lowly create vanity fares
Where love is not a means of acceptance
Or an end to human suffering
But a euphemism for self-satisfaction
The enormous pride of man bares its fangs
To all that is divine

I find myself once more on the precipice
In a world ruled by a zillion thoughts
Wondering what values to reawake
Or cast down this cliff

2010 © J.Ifeme

Comments

  1. Where love is not a means of acceptance
    Or an end to human suffering
    But a euphemism for self-satisfaction

    Totally true. Check out the craze for reality shows and celebrities.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finding The Bond

A Letter to My Daugther

FATE