To Love And Be Loved

Sitting across him

His silhouette dense like the night

His cigar lighting the dark.

It almost felt sacred

As smoke-like incense rose.





I could feel my legs shaking; yea my knees quaking

I couldn’t bear to look up

I didn’t dare breathe out

My nails dug deep into the mattress

I didn’t think I could let go



Minutes ago

I bore my soul

To he who swore my soul mate he’ll be:

For then, for now, for always!



“…these little things; they matter

More than the golds of this earth,

More than Its silvers and diamonds alike”



I had left for my room

There to groan and brood

Of love so Slim but true

Of life so short but sweet



Then…

The buzz and bam! my heart froze.

My phone his number ‘n name showed.





Perhaps tonight dreams come true

Perhaps tonight they’ll be shattered.

Alas, his voice

Cut clearly through my thots and in

that moment, I knew: a new dawn!





Of love so sweet now sour

Of times too short now gone

Of a body so ached yet ready



To love and be loved, by another.



Queenie

14/02/2011




Follow mcJudeci on Twitter Subscribe to POETICALLY SPOKEN by Email

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding The Bond

A Letter to My Daugther

FATE