FEAR

It is 02:20 in the morning; I have just woken to the sounds of crickets in an eerie atmosphere. Beyond the light from my apartment, is darkness – total darkness, it leaves you with a feeling that you are being watched, or lurked around.

FEAR – you see, it is not these things I could see in my room, I mean these I am familiar with, that give me the chill, but the ones beyond my walls. Those ones that lie only in my imagination, those I cannot touch, those I do not know.

In life what scares us the most are not those things that are in the known. Our biggest fears often work into our psyche and become the greatest hindrance of a lifetime – our choices, our hopes, our joy marred by things that more often than not will never come to pass.

The biggest burdens most of us carry in life are not our troubles, or the real challenges of life, but the boulder of fear we laden our shoulders with. They turn trouble into nightmare and challenges into dilemma.

We are imaginative beings, always moving things, in our mind, from where they are to where they are not, vice versa; our memory being our greatest treasure also is a source of great paranoia. The only reason this darkness would give me the chill isn’t because darkness is a source of chill but because of the memories I have associated with darkness in my mind.

This obstacle also manifests in other important areas of life like relationships, careers, decision making. Many have been reduced to living with their fears rather than striving on with their choices. But we can never truly live until we confront our deepest fear. Until we dare to differ from those who drew the trajectory of our life.

To destroy our fear, we must learn to confront, may be embrace, them, if they truly exist. To move fast, we must learn to travel light, dropping our fear and enjoying seeing them crash into nothingness, like I am about to walk into this darkness - to see if it holds a thing.

***

There was nothing.




Follow mcJudeci on Twitter Subscribe to POETICALLY SPOKEN by Email

Comments

  1. Great piece...Guess u missed out a word 'to' in second to last sentence,'like I am about...'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing worse than fear is fear itself

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finding The Bond

A Letter to My Daugther

FATE