Vain Embrace

The only time
this mountain
reaches the cloud
is when it rained.

They would,
like deprived lovers,
unite in a gleeful
embrace

their vain union
would last, and last;
blessed by the sprinkles
of rain

witnessed by greens
and beasts
and man
and who else cares

until the sun
emerges in his jealousy
chases the cloud faraway
and the mountain he torments

© Jude Ifeme

I live close to this mountain, quite a view. When it rained the heat in it goes off in a bellow of fog. This is really scenic, then the sun appears and it is all gone. So, I imagined what if they had thought and feelings and intent?


Follow mcJudeci on Twitter

Comments

  1. Great poem and imagination. Perhaps I should start to take a closer look at my immediate environment. Thank Jude, I am inspired. Paul Uwadima

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finding The Bond

A Letter to My Daugther

FATE