HE HAD A DREAM




The last time I met him,
He had a dream.
He said this society had ills
But they keep asking us to wait.
Why?
He said this land had a heart,
And it was bleeding;
In all he saw wasting men pleading.
He wanted to know if I saw
Their pains in his eyes;
He had a call –
He would speak for their tears.

Yes, I saw that dream.

I saw a man whose blood spilled
Though the cut wasn’t on him;
I saw a man who’d been down
Enough to tell a smile
 From a frown.
The next time I saw him,
He wouldn’t look my way.
I could only whisper to a doubtful
Stranger that I knew this man;
That I knew him, not long ago –

I couldn’t tell him how much
The man had changed.
I couldn’t tell him our wealth
Has suddenly become his.

Jude Ifeme
Follow mcJudeci on Twitter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding The Bond

A Letter to My Daugther

FATE