If Our Oil Talked

I am the reason truth got shot,
honour is sold, and the poor flee in defenceless lot.
Every move at my redemption unveils a bigger monster,
a mere of selfish interests,
a new altar of dissent.
I am that fountain of wealth,
feeding my surroundings with lack, greed and strife
and now i am blighted by my very lavish.
This land abounds with gurus of all likes, philosophising, analysing
and calling for a great arising...
but each finger pointing to paths ending in their gluttonous tummies.
I am fouled by the
blood of the innocent, the just fighters , the gullible patriots.

J.Ifeme Elo

Comments

  1. "This land abounds with gurus of all likes, philosophising, analysing
    and calling for a great arising...
    but each finger pointing to paths ending in their gluttonous tummies."

    You couldn't have put it better...God help us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truely, that can not be better put. This a nice piece, i must say.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finding The Bond

A Letter to My Daugther

FATE