Good Man Gaddafi

When the west tired of Sadam’s follies
They sent the bombers to smoke him out
Told the world he could kill the world

“Come look at my backyard,” Gaddafi calls,
“I only keep a lactating camel and a tent
And a lot of female guards, too”

The west applauds a lack of ambition
The press jostle for the best lines
Our finest prodigal son comes home

They bring him out from the desert cold
And rewards him with his Pan Am bomber
He graces more covers with his girls

“See, my people love me,” he says,
“That’s why they only speak my mind
And make sure I am a happy man”

Now there are bombers in his skies
How dare the Libyans speak their mind
And cost the good man a peaceful sleep?

© 2011, Jude Ifeme



Follow mcJudeci on Twitter Subscribe to POETICALLY SPOKEN by Email

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding The Bond

A Letter to My Daugther

FATE